Dr. Ulyss Bidkaram, DC is one of a small number of chiropractors in the Bay Area certified to perform Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy.
Dr. Bidkaram graduated from Life Chiropractic College West in 1991 and has been in practice for over 27 years. He has held teaching positions as an associate professor and faculty member in both Palmer Chiropractic College West and Life Chiropractic College West for 19 years teaching clinical sciences, chiropractic technique (Gonstead technique), biomechanics of the spine, patient diagnosis & management, mentoring chiropractic interns in their internship program with all aspects of patient care and management, and providing educational and certification program in Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy procedure.
He has taught numerous seminars to chiropractors during the last 25 years in techniques, exam procedures, and other subjects during their continuing education seminars, is and has been a lecturer with different chiropractic organizations.
Dr. Bidkaram holds certification as an Independent Medical Evaluator, Certified in Manipulation Under Anesthesia, Chiropractor Certified in Spinal Trauma, Certified in Whiplash & Traumatology, and he is an expert in protocol development and performance of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy procedure.
Dr. Bidkaram is a father of two children; son 25 & daughter 21 and is currently in full time practice in Pleasanton California.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Life Chiropractic College West 
- Associates of Science in Mechanical Design, Ohlone College 
Certifications And Appointments
- Certification in advanced diagnosis, treatment, and management of motor vehicle cervical acceleration/deceleration (CAD) trauma (Spine Research Institute of San Diego) [2016 & 2018]
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment: An evidence-based clinical model to address regional interdependence 
- Industrial Medical Evaluator International Chiropractic Association of California 
- Chiropractic certification in spinal trauma; An evidence based approach in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of motor vehicular cervical acceleration/deceleration (CAD) trauma (International Chiropractic Association) 
- Certification in manipulation under anesthesia (MUAC) treatment of acute and chronic spinal and extraspinal conditions utilizing sedation assisted fibrosis Release Procedure with Manipulation Under Anesthesia (Texas Chiropractic College) 
- Certified Industrial Disability Examiner (Cleveland Chiropractic College) 
PROFESSIONAL AND CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
- Founder and Clinic Director - California Spine & Rehab Center [2005 - Present]
- Group Practice - Fremont Chiropractic Group [2001 - 2014]
- Private Practice - Future Care Chiropractic Clinic [1996 - 2001]
- Private Practice - Ninveh Chiropractic Clinic [1991 - 1997]
PROFESSIONAL AND CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
- Life Chiropractic College West [1994 - 2010]
Associate Professor: Chiropractic techniques, examination and procedures, patient management in clinical and practical settings, patient examination, diagnosis, treatment, management, x-rays and imaging analysis, course development for clinical patient management (Gonstead Technique Elective) for inters’ clinical setting.
Associate Professor: Spinal Anatomy and Biomechanics
Associate Professor: Chiropractic Spinal Motion Palpation
Associate Professor: Chiropractic Extremity Adjusting
- Palmer Chiropractic College West [2013 - 2016]
Associate Professor: Practical/in class instructions in spinal and extraspinal techniques with emphasis on biomechanics, treatments, examinations, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, x-ray analysis, and special imaging
Associate Professor and Public Clinic Doctor: Overseeing interns with their one year long internship and preceptorship programs in a clinical setting seeing and managing patients in development of: Examination protocols, determining diagnosis and differential diagnosis utilizing ICD-9, ICD-10 & CPT codes, establishing treatment plans which included: Chiropractic S.M.T. procedures, modalities, and specialty procedures (i.e. Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy), obtaining x-ray imaging analysis and referral of patients to other specialties if necessary, and mentoring interns in their last year of Chiropractic education.
- Expert presenter & trainer to doctors & interns for Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy procedure [2010 - Present]
The technology, its use in clinical settings, establishing protocols per patient and condition, diagnostic & billing codes, and implementation of it in overall treatment plan.
- Auto Injury Solutions, Inc. / U.S.A.A. Reviewer [2017 – Present]
Performing Independent Medical Evaluations & PHAD Reviews (Physician Advisor Reviews) of Diagnosis & Diagnostic Coding, CPT coding, adjunctive therapies, and treatments pertaining to chiropractors and their treatments of Motor Vehicle Collisions within USAA multistate coverage area.
Co-contributor; “The Impact of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy on The Reported Pain Levels of Chronic Patients in a Clinical Setting.”
- Publication in process of final review
Attending Doctor - Mike West Body Building & Power Lifting, Pleasanton, CA [2010 - 2012]
Attending Doctor - Fremont Youth Football League, Fremont, CA [1997 - 1998]
QUALIFIED AS AN EXPERT AND PROVIDED LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Chiropractic and Patient Care
- Medical Records (Reasonableness of care and medical necessity)
- Injury Biomechanics
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (Technology and Procedure)
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia (Procedure and Rehab Protocol)
- Gonstead Chiropractic Technique
- Expert presenter to Nevada Chiropractic Board for the Inclusion of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy procedure within their scope of chiropractic practice
National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, No. 43545
California State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, No. 21870
National Provider Identification, No. 1437372679
POSTDOCTURAL TRAINING AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Chiropractic technique, bracing, instrumentation [500+ hours]
- Biomechanics, spinal injuries and trauma [215 hours]
- Imaging studies (x-ray, MRI, CT, ETC diagnostics) [220 hours]
- Disability, impairment and industrial injuries [72 hours]
- Motor vehicle collision and spinal trauma [100 hours]
- Specialty procedures and treatments (Manipulation unde rAnesthesia and Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy) [96 hours]
RELICENSURE AND CONTINUING EDUCATION FACULTY AND LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
- International Chiropractic Association of California - Northern CA [2016 – Current]
- Palmer Chiropractic College West - San Jose, CA (Lectured on Chiropractic, Special Procedures and Biomechanics) [2013 - 2016]
- Life Chiropractic College West - Hayward, CA (Lectured on Chiropractic, Special Procedures and Biomechanics) [1994 - 2000]
- 21st Annual SRISD Scientific Conference - Coronado Island - San Diego, CA [2016, 2017, 2018]
- Cleveland Chiropractic College Continuing Education Lecturer For Chiropractic techniques, biotechniques and patient management - Northern CA [2011 - 2012]
- Pacific Gas & Electric on job safety, techniques related to injury prevention and proper lifting techniques - Pleasanton, CA 
- Biomechanical Analysis of low speed impacts - Lawrence Nordorf and CCA - San Francisco, CA 
- Advance Personal Injury Management - Shawn Steel ESQ and CCA - San Francisco, CA [2010 & 2016]
- Advance Coding and Diagnosis Utilization of ICD-10 and CPT codes H.J Ross Seminars, San Francisco, CA [2010, 2015, & 2017]
- The Annual AFICC Practice Seminar, Huntington Beach, CA [2010 & 2011]
- Industrial Disability Examiner, Certification Program, Cleveland Chiropractic College, Pleasanton, CA [June 1997]
- Industrial Medical Evaluator Certification Program International Chiropractic Association of California, San Jose, CA [Sept. 2013]
POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING IN IMAGING AND CHIROPRACTIC TECHNIQUES BIOMECHANICS
- Radiographic Technique postgraduate continuing education, Hayward, CA [1991 - 2000]
- Gonstead Technique and Seminars, California, Wisconsin, Nevada [1991 - 2002]
- The Annual AFICC Practice Seminar, Huntington Beach, CA [2011 & 2012]
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia, Texas Chiropractic College, division of Post Graduate studies. Proctorship and training, Pleasanton, CA 
- Chiropractic Certification in Spinal Trauma & Motor Vehicle Collision in low impact collisions, Life Chiropractic College West, Hayward, CA